Rouge Coco Shine - Unique 51

Did I tell you March was meant to be a 'no-buy' month for me? I was dead set on maintaining my resolution but it quickly fell apart when I spotted the new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick the other day. I picked up 3 lipsticks from the range and reviewed Monte Carlo earlier this week.

I fell in love with Unique #51 when I swatched it in the store. Now, the MA told me this was in the pink family but the internet has described this shade as Sparkling Plum. When I got home and opened up Unique I wondered if I had made a mistake as the colour looked dark and intense. I considered taking it back but decided to swatch it anyway and luckily I did, because I lovelovelovelove this shade.

Rouge Coco Shine Unique #51
Swatch: Unique #51
The name Unique befit this lipstick. In the tube the lipstick looks to be a brown/plummy/red colour and reminds me of Rouge Coco Madamoiselle. They are very similar but I would say Madamoiselle leans more red and Unique almost looks to be a light pink when compared side by side.

Left: Madamoiselle; Right: Unique
Swatch Left - Madamoiselle; Right - Unqiue
Unique is a MLBB lipstick and I highly recommend it if you're after a safe office friendly option. Dare I say it, I like this more than Monte Carlo.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. And I agree, it looks very daytime/work appropriate. The suspense of this lipstick is *killing* me!! :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I need to purchase! I NEED TO PURCHASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i don't own a Chanel lippie (i don't own any thing from Chanel,,,okay lol). Thanks for your swatches <3 and your sweet comment on my blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Chanel Rouge Coco Shines! #51 Unique is a really pretty plummy shade, which looks very pretty on your skintone! Sadly, I can't pull off plum shades myself.

    But luckily, there are other really beautiful shades to pick, right? ;)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very flattering shade on you. I know how you feel; I put a shopping ban on myself every WEEK- never seem to stick by it. haha

    Thanks for your comment regarding my YSL lippie~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, they're such a nice formula, reminds me of the guerlain kiss kiss stick gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monte Carlo is very nice, but this one suits you perfectly. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shade looks stunning with your complexion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails